When processing a cow, half the meat will end up as ground beef. We eat a lot of burgers and love them. Burgers are quick and easy to make and kids love them as well. Ground beef is a good economical way to add grassfed beef to your diet. Don't forget the condiments!
- 6 - 8 ounces of ground beef per person (for kids, you can use 4 ounces.)
- several tablespoons of olive oil or ghee
- salt & pepper
1. Form burger into patties. Do not overwork burger, just handle it enough to form the patties.
2. Season the burgers with salt and pepper.
3. Heat oil over medium heat in a non-stick or cast iron pan.
4. Cook burgers for several minutes on each side. We recommend medium rare to medium for best results.
5. Allow the burgers to rest for a few minutes before serving. Top with cheese if desired.
As you can see by the picture, we are all about the condiments! Pickles, tomatoes, cheese, ketchup, sauteed onions and a salad make for a perfect burger!!