The green chiles, cilantro and onions elevate the flavor of this burger. The added fried egg just takes it to a whole new level.
- 1 small can of diced green chiles
- 1 pound of grass fed burger
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (more if you like heat)
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
1. In a bowl mix diced chiles with meat, cilantro, onion, spices and salt. Form into burgers and grill. (Be careful when handling the burgers, they don't stick together as well due to the added ingredients. So you need to be a little more gentle when handling and flipping them.)
2. When the burgers are close to being done (or while they are resting.) Start frying the eggs. We usually fry one at a time and do them over easy. Top the burgers with cheese if you like and then put a fried egg on each one.
Burgers cooking on a cast iron pan