It's really important to cook grassfed steaks properly. If not, they can be tough. Grassfed and cornfed steaks are not the same. You can't throw a cold grassfed steak on a hot grill and get good results. If you don't have a sous vide or an oven that goes down to 135F, try this method. It works for any kind of grassfed steak.
1 TBS unfiltered extra virgin olive oil per pound of steaks
4 TBS butter
Salt & Pepper
1. Let the meat come to room temperature. Once it's at room temperature, marinate it in the olive oil for an hour before cooking.
2. Melt 2 TBS butter in a cast iron pan. When the butter is melted and hot, brown the meat in the pan. Do not scorch it, just brown it. Brown each side and then remove from heat.
3. Put meat on a plate or rack on a plate. Let the meat rest for 2 hours at room temperature.
4. After the meat has rested, heat the cast iron pan to medium with more butter in it. Season the meat with salt and pepper. Once the butter has melted and is hot, put the meat back in the pan.
5. Cook the meat for 4 minutes on each side (medium rare), or 5 minutes (medium).